I see (via Andrew Milton) that those of us whow live in Lewisham can win £100 if we sign up to the Love Lewisham Pledge. As all the things on the list seem to be “a good thing” I’m more than happy to bring them to the attention of anyone who reads my blog but not Andrew’s.
Here’s the list with my progress against them:
- I won’t leave electrical equipment on stand-by – since our TV remote went on the fritz this one’s been something we’re already doing.
- When light bulbs need replacing, I will use energy efficient ones – I think we’re all but there on this one.
- I’ll walk, cycle or use public transport instead of the car whenever possible – don’t have a car (or a bike for that matter) so I’m there on this one.
- I won’t keep the tap running when I’m cleaning my teeth – done.
- At home I will recycle glass, cans, plastic bottles, card and paper – yup, and the composting’s going well.
- When shopping I’ll look for recycled goods such as toilet paper and bin bags – perhaps some room for improvement here.
- I will sign up to the council’s mobile phone graffiti reporting scheme – oh yes!
- I will use reusable carrier bags when I go shopping – big fan of the bag for life.
- I will switch lights off when I’m not in the room – with energy prices going they way they are I’d be fool not to.
- I will tell at least five people about this pledge campaign – I’ll tell the neighbours.