Here are the posts that I caught this week that I found interesting in one way or another. Just to be clear, the views expressed are the authors’:
- Jens doesn’t like Mayors – “So just like the European Union is today, we could one day have a form of unaccountable local Government where people like Mayors Bullock and Livingstone will order us about with impunity.”
- Train Excerpt No.2 – Poetry on a Lewisham theme.
- Baggage Reclaim – Boxing Day Retread – Richard tries to sort out the route for the traditional Blackheath Morris Boxing Day tour.
- The Rutland Arms – Henry regrets the passing of a pub.
- more success – Kate finds the power of the blog.
- one them story to be told – Mijo describes Dennis, one of the Windrush generation; “He never remarried and still lives in Lewisham where he spends his time talking about the past and feeding stray animals rather than spending time with his grandchildren.”
- Autumn Leaves – Nigel explains leaf fall.
- Is anybody there? – Paul wonders about his readers.
- lewishambornlewishambred – tunes in a Lewisham style. (Ta Andrew)
- How can Labour improve your environment? – Sue offers some suggestions.
- Fiat Lux – Henry ponders the Christmas lights.
- Jacq discusses special educational needs statement – “Lewisham can’t stop statements but as I understand it Lewisham would like to issue less of them. Statements protect the rights of children with special needs to have their needs met however they are legal documents which have to be prepared in cirtain ways over cirtain time spans. They cost a lot of money to prepare.”
- Out of It? – Part 3 – Gay Gower talks about recovery from alcoholism and her involvement in service user involvement in Lewisham.
- Life of a Lab Rat – cleaning solution.
Anything I’ve missed? Let me know if the comments.